The Offence Of The Cross

It is beyond our willingness to comprehend, but our depravity is thorough.


Two men went up into the temple to pray ; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess . And the publican,standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast,saying , God be merciful to me a sinner. tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased ; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted .


The good guys go away wretched, and the wretches come away good.

No comments: